Sunday, January 3, 2021

The Plan for 2021


The Inciting Incident
Computer-altered watercolour, oil pastel and crayon
©2020 Charlene Brown

 My plans for this blog in 2021:

  • Travel painting: We’ll see how that works out – bound to be better than 2020.
  • Graphic novel: Today’s painting is for this project.  I plan to base this on a screenplay I have written, with graphics corresponding to scenes for each plot point in the play.  The novel will begin with this ‘inciting incident’ a body floating on a lake (actually a repurposed beaver pond). 
  • Creative archaeology: In case my travel plans don’t work out, I may re-interpret some of the photos and sketches I accumulated in past archaeology-related travel with the University of Victoria travel study program and the Art Gallery of Greater Victoria international art tours.
Or, I could summarize my plans for 2021 with something artist Robert Genn used to say, “There’s always something to get on with, actually one damn thing after another.”