Friday, May 9, 2014

Virtual Paintout in the southern parks area of Chile

(click on image to enlarge)
Aisén Region
Watercolour
©2014 Charlene Brown

a ruggedly beautifully part of the world with no shortage of mountains, my favourite painting subjects. The Virtual Paintout was in Chile once before, not in the mountains, and my painting at that time couldn't have been more different. 
I had hoped that one of the southern parks we'd be looking at this month would be the Torres del Paine National Park, but it turns out the Google car didn't get that far south… not surprisingly, as there doesn't seem to be a road.  Even the almost heroic Ruta 7, on which I found this beautiful outlook on the Aisén Region, doesn't get anywhere near it!
Here’s the link to the Streetview of my painting location.