Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Turning Paintings into Posters

(Click on image to enlarge)

Banff at Night
Watercolour
©1991 Charlene Brown

This is one of two framed full-sheet watercolours I did several years ago that I’ve grown a little tired of… in fact, no longer even notice, despite the fact they’re hanging in our front hall.
As I mentioned in the introduction to my Poster Project  last year, the purpose of posters is to get people’s attention and deliver a clear, concise message – or sometimes they are simply intended as ‘art with impact.’
My art supply store has recently added digital printing to their repertoire, so I decided to have my Photoshopped paintings printed as posters of exactly the same size and to tape the posters onto the glass over the framed paintings.
Tomorrow, I’ll show you the other painting, ‘Dubai at Night,’ and the next day, I’ll write about the two posters.