Thursday, December 1, 2011

International postcard exchange

(click on image to enlarge)

Upper residential Area at Copan
Watercolour and ink
©2011 Charlene Brown

This is the postcard I sent to Ronelle van Wyk in France  – my August contribution to A Postcard from my Walk, mailed from the island of Utila in Honduras the same day I mailed my July postcard.  I think I made a little mistake in the address, and Ronelle didn’t actually receive it until October! 
When she wrote about it on the blog, Ronelle commented that its “wide travels had clearly left their mark...but somehow this added to the mystery of Charlene's card...lost civilizations...age...endurance”… Isn’t that wonderfully evocative?
There’s a new post every couple of days on the Postcard from my Walk blog, and the quality and variety of the artwork is fascinating! Have a look at the latest post.