Thursday, June 30, 2011

Virtual Paintout in New Zealand

(click on image to enlarge)

North of Glenorchy, Otago
Watercolour, crayon and CP
©2011 Charlene Brown

I just about didn’t paint anything for the Virtual Paintout this month, because the images of New Zealand on Google Streetview, which must be used for the Virtual Paintout, all seemed kind of dull. Then yesterday, I took what I thought would be one last look at this blog, and found a beautiful painting by Nancie Johnson with the title, Glenorchy-Paradise Road...  Hope she doesn’t mind that I’ve also used this great stretch of road she found. Here’s a link to it. You need to pan left to get the whole panorama I've included in the painting. If you zoom out of Streetview (way out, until you’ve got the map of the west coat of the south island) you’ll see that this is the view from Paradise Road looking west toward the head of the iconic Milford Sound.