Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Virtual Paintout in Cape Town


Table Mountain from Leeukloof Drive
Watercolour and ink
© 2011 Charlene Brown
The Virtual Paintout  is in the spectacular city of CapeTown this month. I was there once, about 14 years ago, and I remember a couple of places that have great views of Table Mountain… My first choice was the Victoria and Alfred Waterfront – but when I tried that on Google Streetview, I found the same problem I wrote about when the Virtual Paintout was in the Czech Republic  – sometimes the most picturesque locations are pedestrian areas, inaccessible to the Google cameras. So I tried the top of Signal Hill, but discovered that road had been filmed on a day the misty ‘Tablecloth’ had descended right to the base of the mountain! Nearby Leeukloof Drive was done on a much nicer day. Here’s the link to it.