Sunday, October 27, 2024

More greeting card paradigm shifts

Camping at Two Jack Lake
watercolour and ink on a greeting card
©2024 Charlene Brown

Semi-Abstract version

 

 

 

 

 







In a blog post on June 16,  I mentioned that I have tried to see and paint things differently, shifting away from realism toward abstraction.  I also said that “sometime soon” I would try painting pairs of greeting cards of the same location, one representational and one semi-abstract (but recognizable), at the same time.

Since then I finished and wrote about the paintings I started on a cruise to Alaska and later re-wrote a series of blog posts on the pschology of creativity.  It turns out that now is the soonest I could manage to start writing about my planned paradigm shift.

I sent the first ‘Camping at Two Jack Lake, above, to one of my granddaughters for her birthday.  She has actually been to this campground near Banff many times. The other went to my sister, who is an artist who prefers to work abstractly herself and is just about the only person I know who prefers my less representational paintings.