Sunday, March 24, 2024

One more for the Bucket List in my Paint Every Mountain book

Torres del Paine National Park
watercolour and crayon
©2024  Charlene Brown

Torres del Paine National Park is a hiker’s paradise – its most famous hike being the demanding W Trek up and down the park’s valleys to see its most famous sights. 

If I ever do get to this magical place, I am unlikely to try the entire 50 kilometre length of this route – which takes the shape of a “W.” Hence the name.

I missed my chance to fly into Torres del Paine when I was on a cruise to South America and Antactica in 2002 – mainly because this particular 6-hour shore excursion cost almost $1000! With no guarantee of a landing when you got there!

Instead I computer-painted an outline of several mountains in the range combined with a star chart from the Southern Sky astronomy lesson we’d had on-board our darkened ship earlier in the cruise.











Southern constellations, 2002
computer painting