Sunday, June 5, 2022

Here’s something I didn’t have time to paint


The springs above the Cave + Basin
Watercolour and crayon
©2016 Charlene Brown

This painting has already been round the block a couple of times − in 2016and then again in a slightly stylized version I used in a haiku book, in 2017 − but I’m going to use it again, just because I was at this spectacular location again  a few weeks ago, but this week I had to stay home for a Zoom meeting on my usual painting day at the seniors’ centre.

Should you be wondering, here’s an explanation of why we’re still meeting on Zoom, since pandemic restrictions have been lifted and most of us have had two shots and two boosters.  We have in fact started having in-person general meetings, but the meeting this week was an editorial meeting of the team working on our newsletter.  We’ve discovered it’s much easier to work on Zoom with the layout person (me, as it happens) sharing the screen where the publishing program is being run.  It seems people with real jobs are finding this too, and it looks like there will be huge changes in the way offices operate, now the advantages of not having to get together in the same place every day have been recognized.