Sunday, April 12, 2020

Remembering 1994



Screenshot of a 3-page Christmas letter
Adobe InDesign™ document
©2020 Charlene Brown

Here’s another Christmas letter, with the addition of two overlay paintings of Pakistan, and a sketch of the Bidaya Mosque on the east coast of the UAE.  I wrote about this sketch in a blog post a few days ago

Back in the present (Happy Easter to you all in self-isolation)... One of my projects for 2020, as explained in my New Years blogpost  is to complete an autofictional novel about a few years in the lives of young women in six generations of my family.  In mid-March I sent a second draft of this collection of six short stories beginning in 1898, 1925, 1958, 1987, 2017 and 2042 to the publisher for editing. I’d had the presence of mind to insert a couple of references to COVID-19   but it still jumped directly from December 2019 to September 2020 in the fifth story.  I am using this time when I can’t paint to fill in this big blank in the fifth story.  In real time.