Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Travels with our Grandkids V a - Honduras

In 2011, I took Keara and Nick’s younger brother, Adam, on a Road Scholar Intergenerational trip to Honduras.
I had big painting plans for this trip, but we were kept so busy – first hiking in the rain forest, swimming in rock pools, watching the kids learn how to prepare tostadas and play the marimba (not surprisingly, Adam was top of the class in both) and whitewater rafting on the Rio Humuya, that I didn’t actually complete anything!


I did paint and mail a couple of postcards I had promised to mail to friends in Europe, but I didn't complete the rest of my (barely) started cards, such as the Cannonball tree below, until after we returned to Canada.





This is what you see if you look up through the lower branches of one of the huge Couroupita guianensis lining the roads at the Lancetilla Botanical Garden in Honduras.