Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Review of 2015/Plan for 2016

Christmas in Balboa Park
Watercolour, crayon and marker
©2016 Charlene Brown

“We tend to overestimate what we can do in an average day but underestimate what can be done over the course of a year. Looking at a whole year in review, you may be surprised at everything you’ve accomplished.” Encouraged once again by this statement by Chris Gillebeau, I’m having a look at what I’ve accomplished with this blog in the past year. Here are some highlights concerning progress on The Plan for 2015.

I’ve excerpted and combined information and ideas from old projects that I haven’t looked at for a while and made some of them part of a new project.  My new project, a compilation of things I have started to write about Visualization, is an offshoot of the Fine Art of Physics book I completed in April of 2015.  I’ve begun with a series of posts about visualizing and illustrating ‘clean energy’ haiku poetry.  Will the results be enigmatic but inspirational? Or just bewildering?

In the area of travel journaling, I painted a series of 15 sketches during and after an Art Gallery of Greater Victoria trip to Japan in November... and I’ve done my usual 'virtual travel journaling' by participated in all 12 Virtual Paintouts this year, PhiladelphiaBangladeshGreenlandBhutanCesky KrumlovEstonia, Santa FeMontereyUtah, The Philippines, Istanbul  and Ecuador.   

The Plan for 2016:
I’m planning to continue travel journaling (and, of course, traveling) as much as I can, as well as continuing to shift from representational landscapes to more stylized paintings and adding some people to my landscapes.

I hope to make significant progress on my Haiku project.