Monday, September 26, 2011

September at the international postcard exchange

(click on image to enlarge)
Japanese Garden near Victoria
Watercolour
©2011 Charlene Brown

This was the September card I sent to Desirée Habicht in California, as part of our international  postcard exchange, a Postcard from my Walk.  It shows the Japanese garden, situated in the deep ravine that runs from the main Butchart Gardens to the ocean. It is so shady that everything, including the stone lanterns, is covered in moss. Sometimes I think it’s my favourite part of the Butchart Gardens.
There’s a new post every couple of days on the Postcard from my Walk blog, and the quality and variety of the artwork is fascinating! Have a look at my post about the beautifully-drawn September card I received fromAlbrecht in Germany.