Saturday, July 30, 2011

An unusually restful day in Honduras

(click on image to enlarge)
Cannonball tree
Watercolour and crayon
©2011 Charlene Brown

This is what you see if you look up through the lower branches of one of the huge Couroupita guianensis lining the roads at the Lancetilla Botanical Garden.
I had big painting plans for my Road Scholar Inter-generational trip to Honduras with my grandson… but we were kept so busy swimming in rivers, pools and the Caribbean, snorkeling on the reef, whitewater rafting on the Rio Humuya, hiking in the rain forest, planting coffee bushes, and watching our grandkids play soccer with the local kids, I didn’t actually complete anything!  Well I did mail two postcards to other Postcard From My Walk participants, but I’m only now completing the rest of my (barely) started cards, such as Cannonball tree, or turning them into full-size paintings.