Sunday, March 16, 2014

Virtual Paintout in Slovenia

(click on image to enlarge)
Lake Jasna
Watercolour and CP
©2014 Charlene Brown

      As soon as I found out the Virtual Paintout is in Sloveniathis month  I proceeded to Kanjska Gora, a lovely place we visited fourteen years ago, on our way home from Dubai.
      We were exploring eastern Europe, and had got talking to some tourists from eastern Germany while at Lake Balaton in Hungary. They said that as long as ‘you Westies’ were discovering all the fantastic places they had previously had to themselves in the formerly Communist countries, they might as well let us in on the best secret of them all – Triglav National Park in Slovenia.
      I knew of at least two places near Kanjska Gora that I wanted to paint.  Lake Jasna is one of them, and here is the link to it on Google Streetview.   I’ll tell you about another one next week.