Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Painting cards - decision time!

(click on image to enlarge)
Lake O’Hara X 4
Watercolour on 140 lb. cold press cards
©2013 Charlene Brown

   The first time I painted a set of cards, I experimented with two ways of taping cards to the board, folded or flat, and discovered when I removed the tape, a bit of one of the flat paintings ripped off.
   The next set of cards were all taped folded, two with only the back attached to the board, and two with all edges taped, resulting in cards with and without white borders. Not surprisingly, the flapping cards with only the back taped were really hard to work with… This time I attached them all folded and taped all round.
   My next decision is whether to paint more originals or make photocopies of the best one, and my problem is that the parts of the painting I’m happiest with are not all on the same card. I think I’ll paint more cards in a couple of weeks… but then I’ll probably have the parts I like spread over eight cards.