Saturday, November 23, 2013

Painting cards - and an encouraging discovery

(click on image to enlarge)
Lake O’Hara X 2
Watercolour on 140 lb. cold press cards
©2013 Charlene Brown

When I painted the first four Lake O’Hara cards, I couldn’t decide which I preferred because the best bits weren't all on the same card.  I wrote that I might paint more in a couple of weeks… and then I’d have the best bits spread over eight cards. Well I only painted two more, this time in a more spontaneous style.  And once again, the parts that turned out didn't all find their way onto one card.

But one rather encouraging thing I’ve discovered, and perhaps there is a lesson here, is that every single card looks better standing alone, nowhere near another which may have a better waterfall or reflection or skyline or something.