Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Graphic Novel Artwork

CSIS, espionage, disinformation, Kyrgyzstan, Iraq

Chapter 6 (Prologue, Chapter 1 and Chapter 4 posted previously)

InDesign document, computer photomontage

‘Joanne’ drawn by Philip Hogg

©2010 Charlene Brown

This is the most recently-completed portion of my graphic novel – the first two pages of Chapter 6. The second of these pages was produced with the input from my grandson that I mentioned in my March 8 post. I’m happy to say Philip will be doing my figure drawings from now on. The designs in the photomontage are from The Kirghiz Pattern (1986), reproduced with the permission of the publisher. As usual, this is out of sequence, and it’s unlikely you will have detected a storyline, (trust me – there is one) or formed an opinion about continuity or coherence… but I’d love to hear any comments or questions you have about the artwork and layout.