Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Mid-Year Review

Drifting… an hour later
Watercolour and crayon
©2016 Charlene Brown

A new project, an offshoot of the fine Art of Physics book I completed in April of 2015, is a compilation of things I have written about visualizing information.  In February, I illustrated some computer-generated ‘Clean Energy Haiku’ with haiga-like computer-posterized versions of watercolour sketches of Japan, beginning with Shirakawa, and in May I began a series of blog posts on ‘found’ haiku, using posterized Canadian landscapes.  

In May I completed a five-day NYU/Scientific American on-line course, The Psychology of Creativity, including six blog posts on Enhancing Creativity, and recently I have embarked on another of these on-line courses, Mysteries of the Universe. 

So far this year, all my travel journaling has been virtual, as I’ve participated in each of the six Virtual Paintouts: Inverness and Edinburgh in Scotland, Majorca, Sydney and Blue Mountains National Park in New South Wales, Sri Lanka, Acadia National Park in Maine and Napa Valley in California. Charlene Brown