Sunday, March 28, 2021

And here’s another graphic novel format

Map of one of the scenes in my new graphic novel
Watercolour and crayon
©2021 Charlene Brown

One of my personal favourite formats is the plan view, used for maps or floor plans.

Not everyone is as enthusiastic about plan views as I am. And they’re not always a logical addition to a story – for example, except for a small map of the world, there was no reason to include any plan view diagrams in my previous graphic novel.  But I’ve decided the map shown above – the (fictional) location of the Exceptional Ice Field Snowboarding Championship, showing the race course and some of the crowd – would be an interesting way to define the scene.  Not particularly helpful, but interesting. 

Are you following my book promotion on Instagram? Hope so.

If you don’t have Instagram you can find my Instagram posts by clicking    Instagram