Thursday, August 13, 2020

Winter Watercolour Weekend in the Wild




Edworthy Falls
Watercolour and oil pastel
©2020 Charlene Brown

I had been planning to re-write a story I started (and abandoned) several years ago, Did She Ever Return? about a painting workshop, ‘Winter Watercolour Weekend in the Wild.’ I was going to start as soon as I got my autofictional collection of short stories uploaded for a final proofreading.

Thinking I might do this as a graphic novel, I began a series of winter scenes near Calgary with this painting.  It is a composite of two locations (that aren’t particularly close together) in Kananaskis Country. 

However, delays in the production of my short story collection, caused by the need to rewrite the fifth story (which takes place in 2020) in real time, have made it necessary to abandon the Winter Watercolour Weekend again.