Wednesday, January 23, 2019

History of Design I

A few years ago I put together a cross-cultural 'History of Design' timeline covering art and architecture from prehistoric times to the beginning of the twenty-first century. To do this, I used either facts I'd learned while visiting archaeological sites or things I'd looked up when I was writing blog posts about them. I plan to link this ‘History of Design’ table to the above time capsules.

This page from the History of Design shows where the first of the cross-cultural ‘time capsules’ I compiled last year fits into the big picture. Last July I wrote about ‘What the Third millennium BCE looked like around the world.’  (Actually the paintings are more likely to show what the third millennium BCE sites highlighted in the table look like now.)