Friday, April 18, 2014

Virtual Paintout in Liverpool UK

(click on image to enlarge)
Georges Pierhead
Watercolour, crayon and gouache
©2014 Charlene Brown

The Virtual Paintout is in Liverpool UK  this month.  I like to paint mountains, so this was a bit of a let-down after last month’s virtual expedition to the Julian Alps in Slovenia
Any friends I mentioned this problem to suggested I paint the Beatles’ houses, and I discovered to my surprise that there is actually a Google Streetview of all of them! (except Ringo Starr’s place which the Google car couldn’t quite get to).  They didn’t seem particularly paintable though, so I just started wandering and decided a (gracefully-aged) psychedelic version of Georges Pierhead might be a better representation of the Beatles’ hometown. Here is a link to the Streetview of it.