Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Virtual Paintout in Romania

Bank on Bulevardul Unirii, Bucharest, România
Watercolour, gouache and crayon
©2011 Charlene Brown

The Virtual Paintout  is in Romania this month so I’ve been having a look round the many picturesque city streets and country roads that have been logged by the Google Streetview cameras. I picked these buildings, including the Carpathian Commercial (the bank in the picture title), from a huge array of interesting architecture extending as far as the eye can see on both sides of Bulevardul Unirii.  Have a look at this link, rotate the camera 360 degrees, and you’ll see what I mean.
When I first saw the other paintings already posted on the Virtual Paintout, I kind of wished I’d stumbled upon the spectacularly-situated castle of Vlad the Impaler (Dracula) near Bran, as Genevieve Cseh did, but then decided that this boulevard was pretty impressive as well.