Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Virtual Paintout in the Canary Islands


Looking south from GC-210
Watercolour and crayon
©2010 Charlene Brown
I love this Virtual Painout blog, and so far I have participated in seven paintouts. Two were in cities, Halifax and San Francisco, where I have been for real, but the rest, including this month’s Canary Islands paintout, were brand new adventures for me. Navigating on Google Streetview is marvellously entertaining, and finding a great location is always exciting, whether or not a city is familiar.
I’ve finally learned to avoid the problem of 'losing’ a wonderful painting possibility by following this advice from Bill Guffey, the founder of Virtual Paintout. He says, “The easiest way to get back to the same place is to email a link to the view to yourself. Go to SEND in the upper right corner of the screen and a box will pop up that allows you to email it to yourself or anyone else.”
I emailed myself the link to GC-210, Tejeda, San Bartolomé de Tirajana, Canary Islands, and it’s a good thing I did – GC-210 is the number of a highway that goes all over the place!
-->