Thursday, January 22, 2009

Back in Action



Canada Day Fireworks, Inner Harbour, Victoria
Watercolour and crayon
©2007 Charlene Brown
This has been a big week for getting back to work on various projects – weeding the Asian Garden at the Art Gallery (Victoria gardeners get the shortest winter break in all of Canada), training for the annual 10K Race in April, and volunteer work for the Victoria Film Festival. So, as all these things take time, I didn't actually finish my 'weekly painting.' Okay, I’ll admit the weeds hadn’t grown much since the fall clean-up in late November, and at my running level (I’m hoping to improve on my 7033rd place finish last year), training got off to a pretty casual start, but I did put in many hours at the Film Festival office. Part of the Festival, by the way, is the ‘My Victoria’ one-Minute Video competition, which I entered with a computer-painted video based on this watercolour, posted in lieu of a weekly painting. To see the whole video, click here.